If you do not want your campaign delivered immediately to your users, you can add a delay to the triggering event.
To add a delay to your triggering event
- In the triggering event section, click to expand Add a delay.
- Select the type of delay you want to add:
delay: Sets a static delay. After a user triggers the campaign event, the
delay is initiated. You can set this value to 0 if you want the message to be sent out
immediately. For values like 1.5 hours, use numbers like "90 minutes".
calculated: Sets a calculated delay. After a user triggers the campaign, the
delay is initiated. The delay is a dynamic value (timestamp) based on a user attribute of the recipient, or an event
property of the campaign's trigger event. You can then specify that the message is
delivered a specific amount of time before or after the timestamp.
By default we accept Unix timestamp values for the user attribute/event property used in calculated send time. If you would like to use an alternative timestamp format, you can format your timestamps in Connect at Settings > Calculated Send Time. For more information, see Using a custom calculated send time.
- delay: Sets a static delay. After a user triggers the campaign event, the delay is initiated. You can set this value to 0 if you want the message to be sent out immediately. For values like 1.5 hours, use numbers like "90 minutes".
- Click Reset this delay each time the user does the trigger event to add a delay
reset (optional). By default, users are able to reset the delay of a campaign by
re-triggering the campaign trigger event. The campaign delay can be reset any number of
times as long as the delay has not expired when the user triggers the campaign trigger
Unchecking this box will turn off campaign resets. This means every time the user triggers the campaign, a new instance of the campaign is initiated.
- Continue building your triggering event by adding a filter, or click Done.