Note: Connect is currently a Limited Availability release from Zendesk. The availability of some features is further limited and not available to all Connect users. To request access to the Connect Limited Availability release, or to any of the Limited Availability features, visit zendesk.com/connect, and click the Request a Trial button.
This guide will help you setup an API key for push notifications.
Note: The functionality described below is provided by a third party and is classified as a Third Party Platform under the Connect Subscription Service Agreement. By accessing or using the Third Party Platform, You acknowledge and agree that Connect is not responsible for the operation, functionality or security of Third Party Platforms and your use of Third Party Platforms will be subject to the Third Party Platform terms of service.
To send Android push notifications using Connect, you will need a Firebase Cloud Messaging token.
To create the FCM token
- Go to Firebase Developers Console and click on your project.
- Find the mobile app project and click Manage.
- Once inside the settings page, click on Cloud Messaging on the top toolbar.
- Copy the Server key.
- In Connect, go to the Providers page by clicking Settings > Providers, then click the Add New Provider button.
- Select Push Notifications, then FCM.
- Paste in your key.