In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a line chart showing tickets solved this year compared to last year by month.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
You can click the preview below to watch a video of this recipe, or continue to the walkthrough.
- In Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support:Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets, then click Apply.
- In the Columns, add the Ticket Solved - Month attribute, then click Apply.
- Under Rows, add the Ticket Solved - Year attribute, then click Apply. Click the Visualization type () icon and select Line.
- Click one of the time attributes that you added (Ticket Solved - Month or Ticket Solved - Year), and then click Edit Date Ranges.
- Click Advanced and set the range as below:
- From the beginning of 1 years in the past.
- To the end of Today.
You can click the header of the row selector, Ticket Solved - Year to ensure that all years are selected, and displayed on the chart.