With bot handover, you can pass conversations between bots and agents based on key phrases that appear in a conversation. For example, you might want a conversation to be passed to an agent when the bot sends the message A rep will be with you in just a moment or when a customer uses the word agent.
Before a conversation is handed over from a bot to an agent, bot conversations will not appear in the dashboard and they will not create an incoming request. After the conversation is handed off from the bot, it appears as a new conversation in the dashboard (along with past interactions with the bot). You can set up bot handover for each profile in your different channels.
- Facebook Messenger: In this method, the conversation state is managed by Facebook.
- Zendesk Message: In this In this method, the conversation state is stored and managed by the Zendesk Message server, not by Facebook.
Setting up bot handover requires multiple configuration tasks. Some of the tasks occur on the Zendesk Message dashboard and some of the tasks occur on your echo bot server. This topic describes how to configure bot handover on the Zendesk Message dashboard. For a step-by-step tutorial on how to set up an echo bot server and other configuration tasks, see Setting up bot handover using Facebook Messenger handover protocol or Setting up bot handover using Zendesk Message handover protocol.
Configuring bot handover on the Zendesk Message dashboard
To configure bot handover:
- In Zendesk Message, select the Admin icon, then the channel you would like to set up bot handover on.
- Select a profile.
- Click the Integration tab.
- In the Chat bot handover section, toggle the setting to enabled.
- From the Platform drop-down list select one of the following options: Zendesk Message or Facebook Messenger.
- If you selected Zendesk Message:
- In the Receive from bot field, enter the string that should move the conversation from a bot to your incoming requests list. For example, chat with agent.
- In the Transfer to bot field, enter the string that should move the conversation from your list of conversations back to the bot. For example, bye, bye.
- For the Transfer to bot phrase to be sent automatically when the agent marks the conversation as done, select the Mark conversation as done checkbox.
- Save your changes, then continue to Setting up bot handover using Zendesk Message handover protocol to complete your setup.
- If you selected Facebook Messenger:
- Save your changes, then continue to Setting up bot handover using Facebook Messenger handover protocol to complete your setup.