This Explore recipe shows you how to analyze when tickets are created by time of day. This recipe can also be cloned from your pre-built Support Overview dashboard.
What you'll need
Skill level: Easy
Time Required: 10 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
How to create the report in Explore
- In Explore, click the query ( ) icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a Dataset page, click Support > Tickets > Support: Tickets, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Next, add your metrics, the things you want to measure. In this case, you'll add the number of tickets created. In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose Tickets > Tickets, then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket created > Ticket created - Hour, then click Apply. Your query will look something like this:
The chart shows the distribution by hour of tickets created, for all tickets in your account. Now, you can make two refinements, to filter the results for a specific time period, and customize the appearance of the chart.
First, think about what would be a useful representative period to look at.
- In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Time - Ticket created > Ticket created - Year, then click Apply.
- In the Filters panel, click the Ticket created - Year filter you just added.
- On the filter's page, click Edit date ranges.
- Choose a Simple date range such as this year, this week, or last month. Alternatively, you can access more date range options by clicking the Advanced tab. Choose your date range, then click Apply.
- Next, decide the visualization you want to use. The auto chart function likely chose an area chart for you, but you can change that if you want. Area, column and line charts are all useful for this kind of visualization:
- Finally, configure your chart. There are many configuration options in the chart configuration menu. See Customizing queries for help getting started.