The chat ID is a unique chat session identifier used to find a specific chat session. This is especially useful in separating chats assisted by multiple agents.
To obtain the chat ID from the History tab
- Export the associated chat session using the steps in Browsing past chats in History.
- On the exported chat transcript, click the View Link button.
- The chat ID is included as the last part of the URL
Alternatively you can extract chat details in History, then open the file using the following links:
- For Chat standalone accounts: https://account.zopim.com/transcripts/chatID
- For Zendesk Support integrated accounts or Chat Phase 4 accounts: https://yoursubdomain.zendesk.com/chat/transcripts/chatID
You will be able to copy the chat ID from a table resembling the image below.