With the updated version of Zopim-Zendesk integration, tickets are created at the beginning of a chat and updated multiple times throughout. This differs from the previous version, where tickets were created at the end of chats in a single update. Because of this, your existing triggers might not work as expected with v2 integration.
Specifically, the following situations might happen:
- The system might send a blank email at the ticket creation stage due to the fact that the description is a private comment and invisible to end-users
- The chat transcript might be sent to the ticket via several individual updates if the chat session is reinitiated multiple times after it's marked as ended
To avoid situations like this, you can exclude chat tickets from relevant default triggers and replace them with new, chat-specific triggers, as detailed below.
Note that these steps apply only if you've set transcripts and offline messages to appear as public comments (Settings > Account > Zendesk tab > Transcript Visibility fields).
Exclude chat tickets from certain default triggers
Modify your Notify requester of received request and Notify requester of comment update triggers to exclude chat tickets. This applies to the default triggers or any custom triggers you use for the same purpose.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Business rules > Triggers.
- Locate the trigger you want to edit and click Edit.
- Add the condition Ticket: Channel Is not Chat.
- Click Update trigger.
Create trigger to send chat transcripts to requesters
Next, create a trigger based on the tags automatically added during the ticket creation process. Select Admin icon () > Business rules > Triggers > add trigger and build your trigger as shown below.
Create trigger to notify requesters of post-chat ticket comment updates
Next, create a trigger that notifies the ticket requester of public comments added to the ticket after the chat is over. Select Admin icon () > Business rules > Triggers > add trigger and build your trigger as shown below.
Create trigger to notify requesters when tickets are created from offline messages
Finally, create a trigger that notifies requesters when a ticket is created from an offline message they leave. Select Admin icon () > Business rules > Triggers > add trigger and build your trigger as shown below.