On July 8, 2019 we plan to release a fix that will update all of your pre-built datasets to the latest version and ensure that the metrics and attributes in each dataset are synced to the latest version whenever we add something new.
How does this impact you?
With this update, there are potentially a number of changes that you will see to your pre-built datasets in Zendesk Explore:
- We have renamed your prebuilt datasets and added the suffix [Default]
- You will no longer have the ability to edit default metrics and attributes
- You may see that some metric and attributes have new names and belong to new folders
- All your custom metrics and attributes will now be located in a ‘Calculated Metrics’ or ‘Calculated Attributes’ folder
- The data structure menu will be removed and the ability to update data aggregators and change display formats will be moved to the edit metric dropdown
What are the benefits for you starting July 8th, 2019?
- You may have access to a number of new metrics and attributes
- All of your datasets will seamlessly be updated to the most recent version
- When cloning dashboards, pre-built datasets will no longer be cloned
Does this impact my custom datasets?
Any custom datasets that you created before July 8th, 2019 will remain unchanged.
What action do I need to take?
This is a great opportunity to clean up the datasets that your team is no longer using. Between now and July 8th, 2019, we suggest you take the following actions:
- Understand how to update your calculations and queries, see Getting started creating queries
- Learn how to clone queries and calculations to another dataset, see Working with Datasets
- Review the metric and attribute reference articles to understand the latest metric and attribute names that will be available in the default, pre-built datasets. See Metric and Attribute Reference for more details
- Remove datasets that your team is no longer using