When I clone my query into a new dataset, an error pops up, and the metric appears in red.
The error signifies that the cloned query is missing a calculated metric. To fix it, follow the steps as outlined in this article and video.
Following is a video tutorial reproducing the same steps outlined in the written points:
Cloning the query
- Click on the Apps Tray icon, and choose Zendesk Explore.
- In Explore, click on the Queries icon, and open up the Queries library.
- Locate the query you want to clone
- Click on the 3 dots icon, and select Clone from the dropdown menu list.
- A pop-up window appears and lets you select in which dataset you can copy the query.
- Once you have chosen to which dataset copying the query, you can rename the query itself, and click Ok.
- The cloned query is now created.
- Open it up, notice the error.
- The Metrics field, coloured in red to indicate the error, is pointing out which metric is missing.
Copy the calculated metric and fixing the error
- Click once again on the Queries icon, and get back to the Queries library.
- Locate and open up the original query you cloned in step 4 of Cloning the query section.
- Click on the Data structure on the right-side menu bar.
- Expand the Calculated metrics dropdown menu, and locate the metric.
- Further expand the calculated metric dropdown menu, and click on Copy.
- A pop-up window lets you choose to which dataset copying the calculated metric. Choose the same one as step 6 in Cloning the query section.
- Notice that the error disappeared, and the metric is now grey coloured.