We are super excited to announce multiple new capabilities for Zendesk Talk! We've moved Conference Calling and Call Blocking out of beta into general availability. We've also introduced other new capabilities to help you get the most from Talk. Read on for more details.
- Conference Calling
- Call Blocking
- Configurable Call Offering Time Limit and extended Maximum Queue Wait Time
- New call button experience in Composer
Conference Calling (for Talk Enterprise and Professional)
Conference Calling allows agents to bring a third party into an ongoing phone call with a customer. While previously, an agent only had the option to transfer a call, they can now also consult with a third party and choose to either transfer or add them to the ongoing call.
The conference call can be initiated after the consultation call has been established. The agent has the following options available:
- Add to call: Adds the third party to the conference call. A private comment is added to the ticket noting that this is a conference call.
- Transfer: Transfers the call to the second agent. You leave the call.
- Cancel: Cancels the transfer and reconnects you to the end user.
For more details read Adding an agent to a conference call
Call Blocking (for Talk Enterprise and Professional)
We know how annoying it is for you to be disturbed by nuisance spam calls during work hours, breaking the flow of work and eating up valuable time. Now, you can block these numbers from ever getting through to you.
You can access Call Blocking in the Blocked numbers tab of the Support Console. From here, you can block calls from a specific number or from a pattern of numbers, for example, numbers beginning with "555".
For more details read Blocking Unwanted Callers.
Configurable Call Offering Time Limit and extended Maximum Queue Wait Time (for Talk Enterprise plans)
We have more good news for you!
- The Call Offering Time Limit, the time for which a call is offered to an agent can now be configured from a minimum of 15 seconds to a maximum of 2 minutes. For more details read Managing Talk Number Settings.
- The Maximum Queue Wait Time, the time for which a caller can wait in the queue, can now be extended up to 60 minutes for Talk Enterprise customers. For more details read Enabling Zendesk Talk and configuring general settings.
New call button experience in composer (for all Talk plans)
The awesome changes don't end here, the Call button in the composer now comes with a whole new and improved experience.
The new experience changes the way you can continue a conversation over the voice channel from a ticket. Rather than relying on a small icon on the far right of the UI, agents will now be able to continue a conversation directly from where the action is taking place, in the ticket.
For more details read Making outbound calls.
When are all these new awesome features available?
We have been rolling out these features for the past few weeks and with the release of Conference Calling today all the new features are now available.
If you are using Talk Lite, Team, or Legacy and want to try conference calling and call blocking, email us for a free 30 day trial of Talk Professional.