I want to have the ability to call China with Zendesk Talk. How do I do that?
To prevent fraud, calls with a duration of less than 3 minutes will be blocked. This is universal behavior for all international traffic terminating to China and is not unique to Zendesk Talk.
To remain compliant with these regulations, inbound calls to China has been removed from Zendesk Talk and can be requested by contacting support. Enabling calls to China requires vetting before access is granted.
If your calls have an average duration of over three minutes and you need to make calls to China, your use-case must be qualified to meet the following guidelines:
- No calls allowed with a duration shorter than 3 minutes
- No unsolicited marketing calls
- No high volume of repeated calls from the same origination (From same caller id) Number within a rolling hour
- No calls allowed from invalid, modified, spoofed or restricted origination (spoofed caller id) Numbers
- Calls must be sent from an international, non-Chinese phone number when making calls to China
Shorter contact use cases with calls averaging under three minutes are incompatible with these new regulations. Customers with such unsupported use cases will not be able to place calls to China.