In this Explore recipe, you'll learn how to create a report that compares your performance to specific SLA targets. This query is specific to the first reply time SLA target but you can modify it to suit any SLA metric.
What you'll need
Skill level: Moderate
Time Required: 20 Minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional or Enterprise
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Giving agents access to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the query
To create the query
- In Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries library, click New query.
- On the Choose a dataset page, click Support > SLAs > Support: SLAs, then click New query. Query builder opens.
- Now, create a Standard calculated attribute to calculate the different intervals of your targets. You can modify the values to suit the intervals you want to report on. From the Calculations () menu, click Standard calculated attribute.
- On the Standard calculated attribute page, enter the name SLA Metric Value Interval for the attribute.
- Copy the formula below and paste it into the Formula editor.
IF (VALUE(SLA metric completion time (min))<120) THEN "0-2 hours" ELSESee the screenshot below for an example of how the completed attribute will look.
IF (VALUE(SLA metric completion time (min))<240) THEN "2-4 hours" ELSE
IF (VALUE(SLA metric completion time (min))<480) THEN "4-8 hours" ELSE "Over 8 hours"
ENDIF ENDIF ENDIF
Tip: If you're working in a language other than English, read this article to help you enter Explore formulas in your language.
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, choose SLA Tickets > SLA Tickets, then click Apply.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Calculated attributes and then click the custom attribute you created earlier. In the example above it is called SLA Metric Value Interval. Then click Apply.
- Now, add a filter to show the metric value for first reply time only. In the Filters panel, click Add.
- From the list of attributes, choose Ticket SLA > SLA metric, then click Add.
- Click the filter you just added and change the filter to First Reply Time.
- From the visualization type menu ( ), click Column.
- From the chart configuration menu (), click Displayed values, then change Show value to Show.
The query is complete. Here's an example of how the completed report might look.
If you want to show the query in percentage format, click Visualization Type ( ) and choose Pie.