We are excited to announce that Answer Bot for the Web Widget is now generally available, along with Answer Bot for Slack.
Answer Bot for Web Widget
This release brings the power of Answer Bot directly into the Web Widget, offering powerful self-service capabilities wherever you've implemented the Web Widget. For Zendesk Chat customers, there's also a more fluid and consistent self-service experience prior to a chat escalation -- which frees up your Chat and Support agents to focus on the customer service issues that require human touch.
Answer Bot in the Web Widget supports the same languages as Answer Bot for Web Form and Email: English, Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, and Dutch. For other languages supported in your Guide Help Center the Web Widget will also utilise the standard Zendesk Guide search capability as a fallback to allow a seamless, consistent experience across for all your customers.
What is the Web Widget?
The Web Widget enables you to embed Zendesk Support and Chat features in your website or Help Center so your customers can get help without leaving your website or Help Center.
This experience is best suited for customers who have Guide and are using, or are interested in using Answer Bot to help users find an answer to their question before escalating to a human agent to respond and answer. Web Widget(s). Web Widget setup is quick and easy. Learn more
Step 1 - Start using Answer Bot
If you're not already using Answer Bot, getting started with Answer Bot is fast and simple, with no long, complicated training needed. All you need is an active Help Center with articles that address the problems your customers face.
Enable your Answer Bot trial (if you're not already using Answer Bot) :
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Business Rules > Answer Bot.
- Click Try Answer Bot for 30 days to activate your 30-day trial, then follow the on-screen tips to learn how Answer Bot works.
- (Optional) Activate Answer Bot in your web form, email, or both.
There's a lot more info on Answer Bot in this great resources article where you'll find useful best practice and getting started guides.
Step 2 - Enable the Answer Bot for Web Widget experience
You'll need to activate Answer Bot for each Widget you want it to be active for.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Widget.
- Toggle on Help Center. This will then show additional options to toggle on Contextual Help and Answer Bot.
- Toggle on Answer Bot.
Learn more about enabling and configuring Answer Bot for Web Widget and take a look at all the places where you can enable answer bot.
Answer Bot for Slack
We’re also really excited to announce a new feature of the Slack integration - Answer Bot for Slack. Answer Bot for Slack addresses an in internal use case where employees can use Slack to get help from Answer Bot. Answer Bot will listen on selected Slack channels and attempt to help resolve questions by automatically providing users with article suggestions from your Guide knowledge base.
- Receive article suggestions to questions directly within Slack where your internal users are
- Provide instant feedback on the accuracy of article suggestions
- User’s can easily indicate if the article suggestions were correct
- Get additional help by creating a Support ticket directly from Slack when the articles did not help
- Built on top of the Zendesk Slack app that provides many additional features
For information on installing and using Answer Bot for Slack, see the following articles:
- Using the Answer Bot for Slack integration
- Understanding and installing the Slack for Zendesk Support integration
For information on the previously announced features of the Slack integration and to install it, see the following articles:
Answer Bot plans and subscription management
Answer Bot is an add-on to Guide and requires Guide Professional, Enterprise, or Legacy. Find out more about Guide plans. It's designed to work on any Support plan, however we recommend Support Professional or Enterprise for access to Insights reporting for detailed analysis and performance tracking.
Answer Bot for Web Widget follows the same usage-based subscription model as Email and Web form and consumes the same shared usage limit. You can select from a range of monthly resolution limits and only tickets that are solved by Answer Bot count towards that usage limit. A 30-day unlimited trial will allow you to fully assess your potential monthly resolutions, and choose the most appropriate limit. Compare all Answer Bot plans and discount tiers.
Answer Bot for Slack is included in all Guide Professional, Enterprise, or Legacy subscriptions and does not require an Answer Bot add-on subscription. Resolutions from this channel will not count against the Answer Bot subscription limit.