This feature is being rolled out to Enterprise-level plans over the course of the week of June 24th. If you don't see it right away, please check back soon!
We've added an important enhancement to Skills-based Routing in Support (Enterprise-level plans) that you’ve been asking for!
Admins can now give full agents the ability to view and update skills on a ticket. Previously, agents could only be allowed to view the skills.
This will allow an agent to manually route or re-route a ticket, as part of triage or another workflow. For example, if the ticket is missing a skill it actually needs, they can add it. If a skill isn't right, they can update or remove it. Any view reflecting skills matches would potentially change based on these updates.
It is not enabled by default.
To enable this new function, just go to the Routing admin page and click on the the gear icon (near the New Skill Type button). Then select the new option allowing agents to both view and update skills on individual tickets.
Once enabled, agents will now see an editable version of the Skills field on a ticket.
A few things to note:
- Light agents still won't be able to edit the skills, in keeping with permissions on similar features.
- For full agents, either all of them can edit skills on tickets, or none can.
- Agents cannot update skills on tickets in bulk (though it can be achieved via API).
- Agents cannot create or update skill definitions, only apply ones that an Admin has already set up.
- Admins also still control which agents have which skill.
For more information, see Working with skills on tickets.