This recipe replaces the Insights recipe of the same name.
What you'll need
Skill level: Moderate
Time Required: 20 minutes
- Zendesk Explore Professional
- Editor or Admin permissions (see Adding users to Explore)
- Ticket data in Zendesk Support
Creating the query
To create the query
- In Zendesk Explore, click the query () icon.
- In the Queries Library, click New Query.
- Select a dataset containing the ticket data you'll need to build the query. Select Zendesk: Ticket Updates. Query Builder opens.
- Now, create Standard calculated metrics to count the number of agent created tickets and the number of end-user created tickets. Click Calculations (), and then click Standard calculated metric.
Copy the formulas below and paste each into the metric editor. Add a title for each metric like Tickets created by agents and Tickets created by end-users. The completed metrics will look like the screenshots below. Ensure you click Save each time you create a metric.
IF (([Changes - Field name]="status" AND [Changes - Previous value]=NULL)
AND ([Updater role] = "Admin" OR [Updater role] = "Agent"))
THEN [Update ID] ENDIF
IF (([Changes - Field name]="status" AND [Changes - Previous value]=NULL) AND
([Updater role] = "End-user")) THEN [Update ID] ENDIF
- In the Metrics panel, click Add.
- From the list of metrics, expand Calculated metrics, click the custom metrics you created,Tickets created by agents and Tickets created by end-users, then click Apply.
- Ensure the metric aggregators for your custom metrics are set to COUNT. For more information, see Choosing metric aggregators.
- In the Columns panel, click Add.
- In the attributes list expand Time - Ticket created, click Ticket created - Month, then click Apply.
- Click Ticket created - Month and set the date range to This year. Check out Editing dates and date ranges if you'd like to set a different date range.
- Click Visualization type (), then select Column.
- Click Chart configuration (), then click Chart.
- On the Chart page, tick Stacked and Stacked: Percentage. Ensure that no other settings are ticked.
- Click Chart configuration (), then click Displayed values and change Show value to Show. Change Position to Outside.
Then the query is complete! Check out the screenshot below as an example.