How do I add a disclaimer to my email messages to customers?
You can have the same disclaimer being sent to all the messages you send from Zendesk Support or different disclaimers for different email messages.
Same disclaimer sent with all the email messages of your Zendesk account
If you want the same disclaimer to go out with every email you send from your Zendesk account, add it to your email template using HTML formatting. You can use HTML formatting "subtext" options to customize your email template as in the image below.
Different disclaimers for different email messages of your Zendesk account
If you want a different disclaimer for different email messages, for example, if you have multiple products or multiple brands, you can create a custom version of the trigger Notify requester of comment update. For more information about how to create a different disclaimer for each brand of your account, see Using the email template with multiple brands (Enterprise).
In the following example, you can learn how to have different emails messages using tag-based triggers.
- Create the trigger Notify requester of comment update - Disclaimer 1 by cloning the Notify requester of comment update.
- Add the following condition to the trigger:
Tags Contains at least one of the following disclaimer1
- Add the action Email user (requester) with the disclaimer text added at the bottom.
- Create a macro that adds the tag disclaimer1 to your ticket.
- Clone and create as many unique triggers and macros for as many types of disclaimers as you wish.
- To make sure the default Notify requester of comment update doesn't run on the ticket as well, you can either deactivate it or you can add the condition Tags contains none of the following with all the tags you added in the disclaimer triggers.