The following steps need to be taken to rotate a Magento API token within your Magento App.
- Generate a new token in Magento M1. This creates a new token and destroys the old one.
- Insert the new token into the Magento App. This allows the Magento App to integrate into your Magento instance.
Below are the detailed steps to generate a new token and save this within the Magento App in Zendesk.
1. Generate a new token in Magento M1
- Log into your Magento Admin.
- Navigate to Zendesk dropdown on the top bar and select Configuration. On the Configuration screen, scroll to the bottom of the page to find the API Details panel.
- Click the Generate New Token button to generate a new Magento M1 token, then copy this token.
- After generating your new token, click Save Config to complete the process and ensure your new token is ready to use.
2. Add the token to the Magento M1 app in Zendesk
- Navigate to the Magento app in your Zendesk account by going to Zendesk > Admin > Apps > Manage, then double click the Magento app icon.
- Navigate to the App Configuration panel.
- Copy-paste the API Token from Magento into the Access Token section.
- Click Save settings and the new API Token is saved for the app.
Frequently Asked Questions
When I create a new token, what happens to the old one?
When a new token is created, the old token is deprecated and no longer works. This means the Magento app in Zendesk doesn't work until it is also using the new token.
Are there any other ways to rotate my token?
Due to the distributed nature of Magento implementations, neither Zendesk nor Magento can rotate the tokens on your behalf.