How do I prevent email notifications from being sent out on SMS tickets?
By default, the user receives both a text message and an email notification with each new response from an agent. To only send texts, you need to modify your triggers to omit the Text channel.
You can use tags to prevent email notifications from being sent out on SMS tickets.
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Business Rules > Triggers.
- Edit your Notify requester triggers.
- Add the following conditions and actions for your trigger:
Meets ALL of the following conditions
- Tags Contains none of the following sms_ticket
- Meets ALL of the following conditions
You can manually apply the sms_ticket tag to SMS tickets, or you can create a trigger that automatically applies this tag as shown below:
Meet all of the following conditions
- Ticket is Created
- Channel is Text
- Add tags sms_ticket
Because triggers fire in the order they appear on the active Triggers page, move this trigger above your Notify requester triggers. For more information, see Tickets vs Trigger's position on the trigger page.