As part of our commitment to our customers and improving their overall experience using Zendesk, we will be providing an opportunity for our legacy Chat and Support customers to upgrade to an enhanced experience which will benefit both admins and agents. Legacy Zendesk Chat + Support accounts are defined as a Chat account originally created on zopim.com and integrated with Zendesk Support. To understand if your Zendesk account falls under the category of “Legacy Chat + Support” see Determining your Zendesk Chat account version, or contact your Zendesk account manager.
Why are we doing this?
Currently, there are certain Zendesk products and functionalities that are not easily available to our legacy Chat and Support customers to use. To enable our legacy customers to fully enjoy the value of our solutions, we will be upgrading their legacy accounts to a new, enhanced experience to enable them to take advantage of the latest Zendesk products and functionalities.
When is this happening?
Upgrading to the new experience is an ongoing initiative for legacy Chat accounts and will continue throughout 2021.
Benefits of upgrading to the new, enhanced experience
- Seamlessly upgrade to the Zendesk Suite: The Zendesk Suite is our omnichannel customer support solution. Omnichannel customer support is a customer support strategy that brings multiple support channels together to create seamless customer service experiences for customers, agents, and admins. The Zendesk Suite combines our core products: Support, Guide, Chat and Talk- into one easy to use and cost-effective package.
Once on the new experience, our legacy customers will be able to seamlessly upgrade to the Zendesk Suite and benefit from the omnichannel strategy.
- Unlock the power of custom reporting with Zendesk Explore: Zendesk Explore is our reporting tool, designed to help you analyze, understand, and share your business information. Explore provides powerful, built-in reports that help you to view and analyze key information about your customers and your support resources. When you need reports that are tailored to your unique needs, you can use the tools in Explore to build your own. Explore helps you to share and collaborate on reports containing your company information. Reports can be shared on a one-time, or recurring basis to anyone in your organization.
By migrating over to the new experience, legacy Chat + Support customers can unlock the power of using Zendesk Explore and make better business decisions.
- Unified shopping cart experience : With the new experience, our legacy Chat + Support customers will easily be able to trial other Zendesk products and add them to their Zendesk account. This can include the Suite, Talk, Guide, Explore and more. All Zendesk products will live under the same subdomain, using the same account details. This means you and your teams would no longer have to sign in to two different accounts to access Support and Chat.
- Unified account, security and staff settings across products with Admin Center: Previously, admins on our legacy Chat + Support accounts had to navigate to multiple user interfaces to manage settings for products like Support and Chat. Now, with the new experience, admins have a one-stop shop for managing all things Zendesk using Admin Center, including account ownership, security and authentication settings, billing and subscription settings , and more.
- Access to new Zendesk features as they become available: Lastly, upgrading to the new experience enables you and your team to get access to all new Zendesk features in the future. As the Zendesk product family continues to grow, this will ensure that your support team can leverage the latest and greatest capabilities, and get the most value out of your Zendesk.
- Access to New Web Widget Experience: As part of this account upgrade, you will automatically be switched to the new unified widget experience if you are using the legacy chat snippet. Please refer to this help center article to know more about the benefits of new Web Widget. Feature differences differences between legacy (Zopim) Chat and new Web Widget experience can be found in this help center article.
To make the switch to the new experience as smooth as possible for you and your teams, we strongly recommend you review the steps required prior to the upgrade. This will allow you to ensure that everything continues to work as expected and avoid any surprises when we switch over. We also recommend these references to understand the change and make sure you are prepared: