Here are some of the most relevant questions to help you through the upgrade process.
How will the upgrade happen?
The upgrade will happen in batches.
You will be informed about your upgrade date and time 3 to 4 weeks in advance, through email and in-product messaging.
Before the upgrade date, customers may need to complete a few pre-upgrade tasks.
Once the upgrade is completed, customers may need to complete a few post-upgrade tasks.
Will my Zendesk account experience any disruption during the upgrade process?
- Yes, there will be a downtime period for the customer during the upgrade process.
- There will be NO downtime for SUPPORT.
There will be downtime ONLY FOR CHAT.
For the majority of the accounts, the upgrade will occur within a 1 to 4 hours window.
To minimize the impact on your operations, your account will be usable immediately after the upgrade.
Full chat data import (including chats, visitors, and Insights and analytics data) will be done after the upgrade and may take up to 24+ hours
Will third party integrations for Chat work?
Third-party Chat integrations will not work. Please refer to this Help Center article for third-party Chat integrations.
Customers can create their own apps or use third-party apps from the Marketplace to support these integrations.
There are no plans to support these integrations in the future in their current format.
Currently our Chat and Support accounts have separate owners. How will their ownership be impacted?
After the upgrade, the owner of the Chat account will be converted to a Chat admin.
The Support account owner will become the owner of the unified Chat-Support account.
Will downloaded and installed public apps for Chat and Support from the Zendesk marketplace still work?
Yes, installed apps will still work.
If the Support and Chat owners have two different email addresses, the Support owner can manage the Chat apps only after they are granted access to the Chat entitlement.
Will custom private apps for Chat and Support still work?
Yes, custom apps will still work.
- If the Support and Chat owners have two different email addresses, the Support owner can manage the Chat apps only after they are granted access to the Chat entitlement.
Will the upgrade impact my access to the Chat REST APIs?
Yes, it will impact access to the APIs.
However, your old OAuth clients will be retained. But agents and administrators would have to re-initiate the authorisation process to obtain new access tokens for working with Zendesk Chat APIs. Please refer to this help center article for more info.
Will there be any data loss?
All Chat data, including chats, visitors, Insights and Analytics will be migrated to the upgraded account.
Exception: Zendesk Message data will NOT be migrated during the account upgrade process.
Will Zendesk Message be available after upgrade?
- Yes, there will be impact on Zendesk Message. Please refer to Re-integrating Zendesk Message for more information.
What will happen to the Insights reporting data after my account is upgraded?
- All Insights data and custom reports will be available after the account upgrade.
Will I get access to Explore as part of account upgrade?
- Yes, upgraded accounts will have access to Explore Analytics (if allowed on your Chat plan).
Will I have access to both Insights and Explore reporting in the upgraded system?
- Yes, both Insights and Explore will be available in the upgraded system (if allowed on your Chat plan).
Will there be any impact on my Billing account?
All Legacy customers have different billing (Zuora) accounts, one for Chat and one for Support. After the upgrade, there is only one Billing account shared by Chat and Support.
- If you have a paid Support plan with a Chat Lite plan (where Chat Zuora account is billed as $0), or a paid Support and paid Chat Zuora accounts that have the same billing details, there is no impact on your billing account.
- If you have paid Support and paid Chat Zuora accounts with different billing details and billing cycles, we will merge customer’s Chat and Support billing accounts, before the upgrade starts.
Will there be any impact to my Chat widget?
The impact to your Chat widget will depend on whether your account is using:
- If you are using the Web Widget snippet: There is no impact on your functionality.
If you are using the Legacy (Zopim) Chat-widget snippet: Please refer to Preparing to upgrade your account: Updating the Web Widget for more information.
Will there be any impact on customers if the upgrade fails?
- There will not be any impact if the upgrade fails. We will roll back the upgrade, and you will experience no data loss.
How will I know if the upgrade fails?
- If the upgrade fails, customers will be updated through in-product messaging.
Will I be given a new date for the upgrade if the first attempt fails?
- If the first upgrade attempt fails, a new date will be set to try again.