I wanted to use the same trigger as a template for creating other Zendesk Chat triggers. Can I clone triggers easily?
Yes, you can duplicate triggers by copying and pasting the conditions and actions of your triggers selecting the developer code of the trigger you want to clone.
To copy/clone the trigger:
- On your chat dashboard, go to Settings > Triggers.
- From the list, click the trigger you wanted to clone.
- Click the developer button on the top right (see screenshot below) and copy the code you see on the box.
To create the new trigger using the copied code:
- Go back to the trigger list page and click on Add Trigger on top.
- Click on the developer button again and replace the code you see there with the code you have copied. You can click on the Visual option opposite Developer to see the changes before saving them.
- Save the changes
For more information about triggers, see Zendesk Chat triggers resources.