We’re excited to announce the latest member of the Zendesk family of products: Zendesk Gather. Gather is a community software solution that enables teams to create and manage online forums. Gather enables your organization to improve the overall customer experience by scaling and extending customer support, while also providing your customers a way to discuss feedback and ideas.
Zendesk Gather helps you pull together expertise from within and outside your company walls to share experiences, gauge feedback and product ideas, as well as solving concrete issues for your customers. Some users might see the community as an extension of the self-service help center, while others might use it as a place to build relationships with other users of your products. That’s why we call it Zendesk Gather, because it enables you to connect all the people who are important for your product.
Let’s look at how communities built on Gather can add value to your customer experience:
- Surface the most relevant content to your customers. Features such as unified search, featured posts, and content moderation enable you to promote and filter content. Voting enables your end users to decide what the best answers to particular questions are.
- Enable your users to get help, share ideas, and provide feedback to the community. Create rich content using the WYSIWYG editor, user profiles, @mentions, and social sharing. Stay in the loop by following specific topics, posts, or other users, to receive relevant notifications via email.
- Escalate critical questions into Support tickets to ensure that your customers get the best service available.
- Scale your community using the new Moderator Activities feature, which includes automatic spam filtering and audit logging, and enables you to monitor every moderation action taken.
- Get started easily, but go further with custom themes, API access, multiple brands, and access controls per topic.
Obviously there’s a lot more to discover in Zendesk Gather, and more to come as this new product continuously evolves to improve the customer experience through a community platform that complements the rest of the Zendesk product family.
Want to get started?
If you already have a community in Zendesk Guide, you will continue to have this functionality as part of the Gather Legacy plan. In addition, you'll also receive two newly launched bonus features, aliases and @mentions. The alias feature is available now in your account and the @mentions feature is rolling out slowly to existing communities by the end of October. For more information about Gather Legacy, visit the About Gather plan types page.
If you are new to the communities functionality and are interested in learning more about Zendesk Gather, you can learn more about the product, find plans and pricing information on the new Zendesk Gather area on our website.
For information about using Gather see our documentation in Using Gather.