The Atlassian Statuspage integration for Guide allows customers to see status page incidents on your Help Center pages. This keeps customers informed of any service incidents or degradation, reducing the need for them to raise support requests.
To set up the widget, you must be on the Zendesk Guide Professional or Enterprise plan and have a public Atlassian Statuspage URL.
This article contains the following topics:
Uploading the script as a Help Center theme asset
Adding the code snippet to the header template
To complete setting up the integration, a script is added in the header template to display status page incidents in Help Center.
To add the code snippet to the header template
- In Guide, open your theme, then click Edit code.
- In your theme code configuration page under the templates directory, click the header.hbs handlebar file. The file content is displayed.
- In the header.hbs file, paste the following snippet after the <header/> tags:
- Replace YOUR_STATUS_PAGE_URL with your public Atlassian Statuspage URL. You can also use the Zendesk test status page URL https://test1282.statuspage.io/ if you need to test and verify your installation.
- Click Publish. The status page is displayed in Help Center.
Note: If the public Atlassian Statuspage URL is incorrect, or if an invalid JSON is returned, the widget will not appear in Help Center. If Atlassian Statuspage is not fully operational, the widget is not displayed.
Deleting the Atlassian Statuspage widget
To delete the integration, delete the statuspage-widget.js theme asset and the snippet you added in the header template.