It's time for September's Community Roundup!
The Zendesk Community is a busy place, so we've gathered up the month's best posts and discussions to make sure you don't miss anything!
Ask Us Anything!
Tune in for our October AMA-style conversation taking place on October 22nd, related to Support Business Rules and Macros. The Community Team will have more information to share on this event in the near future! Feel free to follow the Community Announcements & Info topic to receive updates via email.
On November 5th, from 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM CDT the Community Team will be hosting another AMA-style conversation around Zendesk Apps framework (ZAF) development. Developer experts will be available to answer questions on the tools, technologies, and approaches for developing Zendesk Support apps.
- Zendesk Ask Us Anything about Triggers - Tuesday, July 23 - On Tuesday, July 23, some of Zendesk's best experts on Triggers went live in the community to answer your questions.
- Zendesk Ask Us Anything about Explore Recipes - Tuesday, August 27 - On Tuesday, August 27, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM CDT some of Zendesk's Explore experts jumped in the community to answer your recipe questions.
- Zendesk Ask Us Anything about "All Things Chat" - Wednesday, Sept 25 - On Wednesday, September 25, from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM CDT some of Zendesk's best experts on Chat went live to answer your questions.
Posts that need some love
Here are some great questions from our users that could use a little more attention from our amazing community. If you have any suggestions feel free to jump in :)
- Zendesk Microsoft Flow integration - Missing added fields - Michael van Dijk
Michael is looking to pass data from Microsoft Flow to Zendesk Support custom ticket fields but has run into issues displaying these custom fields in Flow.
- Programmatically sending MMS using Talk phone numbers - Christian Rodriguez
Christian would like some guidance on how to use Zendesk Talk for voice and manual text but still have the ability to programmatically automate MMS/SMS using the same phone numbers.
- How do I replicate the rollup functionality of Insights in Explore? - Dylan Cunniffe
Dylan is looking for some advice on how to replicate the rollup functionality within Insights so they can use the same functionality in Explore.
- Moment.js alternatives in Guide - Mikaël Janssens
Mikaël would like to know if there are any alternatives to using Moment.js in Guide.
Tips & Tricks
Tips & Tricks are custom workarounds or pieces of code shared by our Community Members. Here are new tips and great answers posted in the community this past month:
- Category/Custom blocks customization with arrow icons - Ifra Saqlain
Ifra provides a step by step process for adding arrow icons to your category/section blocks by customizing your Guide theme.
- Show list of all Posts on Home page using API - Ifra Saqlain
Ifra walks users through displaying a full list of all Posts on the Guide home page using the API and the default Copenhagen theme.
- How to display customer data from Google Sheets in the ticket (no coding required) - Max
Max goes over using the FactBranch app which loads customer info from a variety of external sources and displays them in Zendesk when you open a ticket.
- Displaying data from a PostgreSQL database in Zendesk - Max
Max provides detailed instructions for displaying PostgreSQL data in your Support account when viewing a ticket.
- Zendesk Widget Configurator - Thomas Verschoren
Thomas has created an amazing web tool that will help with testing custom widget configurations without the use of custom code.
Tips written by our members are the most viewed posts in the community!
If you've figured out a handy workflow, helpful Insights or Explore recipe, developed some custom code or have a unique solution you'd like to share, you can write a tip today! In addition to helping your fellow community members, you'll also get a thank-you gift from the Zendesk Community Team, and your tip will be featured in that month's community roundup.
Zendesk Community Moderator Program
Our moderator team is growing, and we're accepting applications for new Zendesk Community Moderators.
Our Community Moderators are an elite squad of Zendesk customers who volunteer their time to help other Zendesk users be the best that they can be. We're always looking for more helpful people to join the team and now you can apply for consideration, or nominate someone you think is awesome! Just follow this link:
Please give a warm welcome to our newest community moderators below!
Pedro Rodrigues - Areas of expertise: Business rules, setup & workflow, knowledge capture, and multibrand
Thomas de Silva - Areas of expertise: Insights, business rules, Guide customization, apps/integrations, API, multibrand, setup & workflow, knowledge capture, web widget, Chat, Talk, and Explore
Kay - Areas of expertise: Insights, business rules, Guide customization, apps/integrations, API, multibrand, setup & workflows, Chat, Talk, knowledge capture, web widget, answer bot, Explore, and Sunshine
Louise Dissing - Areas of expertise: Business rules, Guide customization, apps/integrations, API, multibrand, setup & workflow, knowledge capture, web widget, Explore, and development
Simon Blouner -Areas of expertise: Business rules, Guide customization, API, multibrand, setup & workflow, knowledge capture, web widget, Chat, Talk, and Explore
Sebastiaan Wijchers - Areas of expertise: Talk and development
Thomas Verschoren - Areas of expertise: Business rules, Guide customization, apps/integrations, API, multibrand, setup & workflow, Chat, Talk, web widget, answer bot, and Sunshine.
Maggie Ungerboeck - Areas of expertise: Setup & workflow
Sushant Awalekar - Areas of expertise: Areas of expertise: Business rules, API, setup & workflow, Chat, and Explore
Find out more about the benefits of the Zendesk Community Moderator Program by viewing our About the Zendesk Community Moderator Program article.
Have some questions of your own? Join us in the community!