The Tag Locker app helps control the use of tags within tickets, limiting agents to a pre-defined set of tags and giving admins more granular control of tags. And with the Basic plan, tags can be made available only to specific groups.
This article includes the following topics:
Installing the app
- In Zendesk Support, click Admin (), then select Apps > Marketplace. Enter "Tag Locker" in the search bar at the upper right of the page.
- Double-click on the Tag Locker app icon, and click Install.
- In the Installation section, enter a name for the Tag Locker app, enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
- In the Tags for agents field, list any tags that agents are allowed to add to a ticket. Separate each tag with a space.
- In the Tags for admins field, list any tags that only admins should have access to add and remove. Admins also automatically have access to any tags in the Tags for agents field, so do not duplicate those tags here. Separate each tag with a space.
- If the Basic plan is enabled, Tags available by group can be enabled. This allows groups to see only their assigned tags. To enter tags by group, use the same format as Required tags to solve by group, detailed in step 7, below.
- If the Basic plan is enabled, Required tags to solve by group can be enabled. This allows certain tags to be required to solve a ticket, specific to certain groups. To enter tags by group, use the following format of group names in quotes and tag names in quotes separated by a space. Make sure to include the opening and closing square brackets and each set of curly braces separated by a comma:
"Group A": "TagA TagB TagC TagD"
"Group B": "TagA TagE"
- Select the Administrator override checkbox to allow administrators to add or remove tags to the Tag field on the ticket, regardless of whether they are listed in Tag Locker.
- Select the Hide native Zendesk tags checkbox if you would like to hide the native tag field completely.
- On the app details page, click Install.
Using the app
While working on a ticket, and agent or administrator can view the list of tags available to be added to the ticket in the Available tags field. They can also view any tags that are currently on the ticket in the Current tags field. If the Basic plan is enabled, agents will only be able to see those tags available to their assigned group or groups.
An agent cannot remove admin tags from the ticket which are listed in the Current tags field. These are indicated with a padlock icon.
Note: Tag Locker overrides any rights related to adding tags that are part of a role under Admin > Manage > People > Roles.
To add and remove a tag
- Display the Tag Locker app on the ticket page by clicking the Apps button on the upper-right side of the page.
- In Available Tags, click the green plus icon next to the tag name to add it to the ticket. If an Administrator override has been enabled in the app settings, an admin can also add tags directly into the Tags box, whether or not they are listed as accepted by Tag Locker.
- In Current Tags, click the red X icon in the Current tags box remove a tag.
- Click Submit as... to save your changes.
Tags required to close a ticket
If you have signed up for the Basic plan and settings have been specified to enable required tags to solve, the agent will see a list of tags in the app that are required to solve the ticket. The app will block the agent from solving a ticket before those tags have been added.
Version 2.1.2 - 2020-04-09
- Fixed an issue where the native Tags field was enabled by mistake for non Administrators after saving the ticket and choosing to stay on the ticket.