We’re excited to announce the general availability of the new and improved Salesforce integration with Zendesk Support, built natively on Zendesk. This new offering provides our customers a superior experience with integrating Support and Salesforce by building on Zendesk's infrastructure using Salesforce public APIs.
This integration continues to close the loop between your sales and support teams by enhancing visibility into customer information and support activities between Salesforce and Zendesk.
Sales reps have the ability to view Zendesk tickets from Salesforce, giving them a real time view of customer activity. Zendesk tickets can also be synced to Salesforce to enable your organization to create custom Salesforce workflows and reports using Zendesk and Salesforce data.
The Salesforce integration also enables you to keep customer information in Zendesk in sync with Salesforce by syncing Accounts, Leads, and Contacts with Zendesk Support.
- A new admin experience to configure and manage the integration in Zendesk Admin Center
- Redesigned and beautifully simple Support user interface in Salesforce
- Full support for Salesforce Lightning
- Seamless and automated updates
- Multi-language support in Admin Center
- Built to be customisable and extensible
The Salesforce integration is available starting November 18, 2019.
This integration is available to customers on:
- Zendesk Support Team plan or above
- Salesforce editions Performance, Unlimited, Enterprise, Developer or Professional with API rights
How do I get started?
You can enable the integration from within Zendesk Admin Center.
For more information on installing and using the integration, see the following articles:
- Salesforce integration resources
- Register for our webinar on November 21
- Setting up your Zendesk for Salesforce integration
- Setting up a Zendesk ticket view in Salesforce
- Syncing data from Salesforce to Zendesk
- Setting up ticket Sync from Zendesk to Salesforce
- Installing and configuring the Salesforce app in Zendesk Support
- Removal of the legacy Salesforce Integration managed package