I see a generic preview image when I view my list of themes in Zendesk Guide. How can I change the preview image for my theme?
To change the preview image (thumbnail) for your theme, you will need to export the theme, replace the existing thumbnail.png file with your desired image, and then reimport the theme with the new thumbnail image included.
To change the thumbnail
- In Guide, click the Customize design icon () in the sidebar.
- Hover your mouse over the theme you want to export.
- Click the options menu (), then select Export. This will download the theme to your system in a zipped file.
- Unzip the downloaded file and delete the thumbnail.png file. Then, find the image that you would like to use as the thumbnail, and rename it as thumbnail.png, and drag it to the theme folder that was downloaded.
- Compress the folder back into a zip file and import it from the theme page of the Help Center.
- You now have a cloned theme, but with a new preview image:
For more information on importing and exporting your theme, see Importing and exporting your theme and manifest file.