Views are a powerful tool that allow administrators to better manage their teams' tickets. Here are some frequently asked questions about views.
Common questions about views
How do other Zendesk customers use views?
- Check out this tip from a Zendesk Community Moderator on one company's best practices
- Chime in or ask your own question in How do you use views?
My ticket isn't showing up in my view; what should I do?
- The best first step is to clear your browser cache and cookies
- Once you've cleared your cache, review your view's conditions to check that the ticket in question actually meets requirements to display
- One tricky step is understanding the difference between Meets ALL of the following and Meets ANY of the following conditions. Learn more about the difference here.
How can I export my tickets from a view?
- Click the Views icon () in the sidebar, then select a view.
- Click the options menu in the upper right, then select Export as CSV.
- You'll receive an email notification containing a download link for your CSV file. The email is sent to your primary email account in your user profile.
For more information on working with views, see Managing your views.
Why is my view not loading? Why is my count slow?
- Review common performance troubleshooting steps, which will help you perform basic troubleshooting on your own and rule out possible causes of the issue
- Note: We changed the API rate limit for Views on October 15th, 2019. Read more about how this change helps large views, loading views for many agents, and exporting data to third party tools.
How can I set up views to triage tickets?
- In Zendesk on Zendesk: How we triage, you'll find one way that Zendesk has used views to build a triage workflow.
- Comment below with your own views strategy (for triage or any other function), or if you're looking for assistance building your own workflow leveraging views.