You can use the layouts in your Zendesk Sell account to control how key information is displayed for leads, contacts, and deals.
You need to be an admin to work with layouts.
This article covers the following topics:
- Introducing widgets and the widget panel
- Customizing widget layout
- Widgets available for leads, contacts, and deals
Introducing widgets and the widget panel
On every leads, contacts, and deals page in Sell you'll find that the information displayed on these records follow the same general layout. The widget panel is located at the right side of every lead, contact, and deal page.
Admins can set a default view for the widget panel to control what is displayed to users.
Widgets are the boxes in the widget panel. These can include appointments, documents, or apps associated with the record type. Click here to view a list of available widgets.
Customizing widget layout
You can customize the widget layout in Settings > Customize > Layouts.
To customize your layout
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Customize > Layouts.
- Click the required tab to customize the layout for this record type. You can choose Leads, People (Contacts), Companies (Contacts), or Deals
- Hover over a widget to select it.
- To move the location of a widget within the widget panel, drag and drop it to the new location.
- To hide a widget, drag it to the hidden widgets panel.
To unhide a widget, click the arrow icon to return it to the widgets panel.
- To remove a widget, click x to delete.
- Click Save.
The layout is saved as your new default widget view layout for all users.
Widgets available for leads, contacts, and deals
If you have apps enabled, they appear as widgets. There are a variety of widgets available for each record type, including:
Leads: Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Active Tasks, Documents
People Contacts: Deals Revenue, Current Deals, Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Tasks, Colleagues, Tickets, Xero Invoices, Documents
Company Contacts: Deals Revenue, Current Deals, Company Hierarchy, Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Tasks, Employees, Tickets, Xero Invoices, Documents
Deals: Associated Contacts, Products, Collaborators, Upcoming Appointments, Tasks, Tickets, Documents, Dropbox, Google Drive, Quotes