If you have a Sell Legacy account that hasn't been migrated to Zendesk, you are missing out on the capabilities of a Zendesk account, which includes signing in to all your Zendesk products from one place, connecting your tools to Sell using the Zendesk Marketplace, and trialing new features with the Zendesk Early Access Program.
- In the Zendesk Marketplace and can't find your domain when trying to install an app for Sell (you'll also need admin rights in Sell to get access to your domain)
- In Sell Settings () and you see information about upgrading or migrating to a Zendesk Sell account (for example, in Upgrade > Migrate account, or Tools > Apps).
For more information about migrating, see About Sell account migration.
You need Sell admin rights to migrate your account.
To start the migration
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Upgrade > Migrate account.
A migration screen is displayed.Note: If another admin on your account has already requested migration, you'll see information about the admin that has made the request. The migration is in progress and you do not need to issue a new request.
If you have a Sell plan that was set up before 2018, you'll see an upgrade screen instead of a migration screen and you'll need to upgrade to a newer plan before you migrate. Click Upgrade my plan and choose your new plan, then return to Upgrade > Migrate account.
- Click Get started.
- Click Yes to connect your Sell account to an existing Zendesk account, or No if you don't have a Zendesk account.
If you choose to connect accounts, your Zendesk Account Manager will contact you to assist.Note: You must be the Zendesk Account Owner to connect accounts.If you don't have a Zendesk account, you can continue.
- Choose a Zendesk subdomain, for example, using a team or company name. The format is subdomain.zendesk.com.
You'll use this address to sign in to Sell in the future.
- Review what is going to change and accept the migration considerations.
- Click Start migration.
- Check your inbox for a welcome email to get started with your migrated account (see Signing in to a migrated account for the first time).