You'll need a Zendesk Support account on the Team plan or higher to use the integration. All Sell plans are eligible.
Connecting to Zendesk Support allows you and your team to see the history of Support correspondence from your contacts, including highlighting currently open tickets to give you the most relevant information and increase the possibility of closing and renewing your deals.
This article covers the following topics:
Viewing Support tickets in Sell
Connecting Sell to Support provides a one-way sync of your support tickets into Sell. The tickets are displayed in several ways in your Sell Account:
- Activity Feed: If a contact or lead in Sell has a ticket in Zendesk, you’ll see that ticket displayed on the contact or lead’s activity feed.
Tickets widget: If the ticket is currently open, it will also be shown on the right side of the contact in a box labeled Tickets.
- Active Deal: If a contact has a currently active deal, open tickets will appear on the deal card.
Smart List: In your contact and deal smart lists, you'll see an option called Total Open Tickets. You’ll be able to filter and sort on that column in the same way as other smart list options, allowing you to easily see which of your customers have raised most Support tickets, for example.
You'll see the following fields from Support in Sell:
- Ticket Title, Requester, Owner, and Status
- Any custom ticket properties defined in Zendesk Support
- Status changes, public comments, and internal comments
All open tickets for associated contacts are displayed on the deal as soon as the deal is created. You'll see them appear in the Activity Feed and in the tickets box on the right side of the deal card.
Ticket synchronization rules
The rules for ticket synchronization are that a ticket will sync to a deal or contact page if the deal or contact email in Sell matches the Requester email in Support. Tickets will sync for leads (on a once-off basis), if a lead originates from the Sell app within Support.
- The email must be an exact match, but only the email address needs to match for the ticket in Zendesk Support to be displayed in Zendesk Sell.
- Tickets will only sync based on the primary email field. Custom email fields are ignored.
Sell syncs every 15 minutes with Zendesk Support.