As described in Integrating your Exchange Calendar with Sell, you can add an external Exchange calendar to manage your calendar appointments in Sell. Using the Exchange integration that is available in Sell, you can also sync your Exchange contacts.
To sync your Exchange contacts with Sell
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Integrations > Integrations.
- Locate the Exchange integration in the list of integrations and then click Enable.
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your Exchange account.
Note: If your Exchange account is behind a firewall or does not have AutoDiscovery enabled, Sell will prompt you for additional server information.
- When you are signed in to your Exchange account, select the categories that you would like to sync into Sell. These will be imported as contacts into your Sell account. Sell also automatically creates categories in Exchange to store any contacts already in Sell that were not also found in Exchange.
Note: If you don’t see the option to sync categories, this is because you have not set up contact categories in Exchange.
The integration set up is now complete and you’ll see the following new contact categories in your Exchange account:
- Sell Person - Your people contacts
- Sell Company - Your company contacts
- Sell Current Prospect - Contacts with active deals
- Sell Lost Prospect - Contacts with unqualified or lost deals
- Sell Current Customer - Contacts with won deals and current customer status
- Sell Past Customer - Contacts with past customer status
- Sell Lead - All of your leads
Some other important notes about how contacts sync in this integration:
- Only private folders in Exchange are supported. Contacts in shared or global folders cannot be synced to Sell.
- Your contacts sync both ways, from Exchange to Sell and from Sell to Exchange.
- Deleted contacts are not synced, only existing and new contacts and contact updates. If you want to remove a contact from both Sell and Exchange, you must delete it in both places.
- All of the contacts in your Sell account that you have access to will be synced to Exchange. For example, if you’re a manager with access to all of your users' contacts, all of the contacts you see in Sell will be synced to Exchange.
- If you have duplicate contacts in Exchange, those duplicates will be synced to Sell. Duplicate contacts can be merged in Sell (see Merging leads and contacts). However, this will not be reflected in Exchange. You will continue to see the duplicates in Exchange; Sell will only sync with one of them.
- Sell will attempt to identify and merge matching contacts during the sync. If a contact exists in both Sell and Exchange it will be merged. If there is conflicting data in a merged data field (email address for example), Sell will retain the most recent data and also create a new custom field to retain the overwritten data.