With the Sell mobile app, you can send an email directly from your phone. Sending an email in Sell enables you to see how many times the recipient has viewed an email or clicked on a link embedded in your email.
This article contains the following topics:
- Viewing email from the dashboard (Today tab)
- Sending an email from a lead, contact, or deal page
- Creating an email template
- Using communication history
Viewing email from the dashboard (Today tab)
You can see your inbox/sent box from your Today page by selecting the Communication option.
In Communication, you can view all the emails exchanged with leads or contacts in Sell. They are grouped into folders by Inbox, Sent, and Archived.
Sending an email from a lead, contact, or deal page
- Go to to the lead, contact, or deal tab to send an email. On the Info tab, click the email address of the recipient.
The email creation window opens.
- Write your email.
For additional options, use the icons at top right side and bottom of the email screen.
- To insert an email template or save this email as a template, select the template icon.
- To add an attachment, click the paperclip icon.
- To insert merge tags within the email, such as First Name, Last Name, Company Name, etc, click on the brackets icon, and select what you'd like to use.
For rich text formatting options such as bold, italics, underline, and bullet points, select the corresponding icons at the bottom of the screen.
- When you're finished writing the email, click the paper plane icon to send.
Creating an email template
To create an email template, click the template icon and select Save as Template to save the current email as a template for future use. Don't forget to give it a unique name to find it easily later.
You can insert merge tags into the email by clicking the brackets icon. Merge tags will fill in information from that particular lead or contact into the email, for example, "First Name". Templates with merge tags are useful for emails that you send on a regular basis, or for emailing several people at once.
Using communication history
To view your communication history with a specific lead, contact, or deal, click the Communication tab for that record. You can view past email and phone communication and send emails directly from this page.
Emails you send or receive from that lead, contact or deal are part of the activity of that individual in Sell.