In the Professional, Enterprise, and Elite versions of Sell, the Performance Dashboard includes a forecast widget that shows you the sales forecast for a given timeframe. Clicking the widget shows you the detailed forecast report, which you can use to adjust the timeframe and apply filters to customize the view of your data.
To use this widget and report, you need to have set up sales forecasting and have added forecasting data to your deals. For more information, see Sales forecasting your deals.
To view the Forecast widget and report
- Select the Dashboard page.
- Select the My Dashboard tab.
- If the Forecast widget is not already visible on the dashboard, you can add it by clicking +Widget. Click the Forecast widget and it is added to your dashboard.
- The widget displays a summary of the forecast report. To view the forecast report, click the widget.
This report shows your deals (won deals and as well as those in progress) and includes the sales forecasting data Win Likelihood and Estimated Close Date. You can set the timeframe (This Month, Last Month, Yesterday, etc.) and group the data by criteria such as deal owner or team. Here’s an example of using the Group by option to customize the view of your data:
The key data points in this report are derived from the following sales forecasting data that is added to deals:
- Goal - The goal total is the value that you set when defining sales goals for your team and team members. In the example above, Ray Powell’s monthly sales goal is $150,000. See Setting and tracking sales goals.
- Pending Forecast - This number is a calculation based on the Estimated Close Date, Win Likelihood percentage, and Deal Value for your deals.
- Revenue - This number is calculated based on the total value of all your won deals within the specified timeframe.
- Total Forecasted Value - This is the sum of your current earned Revenue and your Pending Forecast. This value gives you an even clearer picture of how close you are to achieving your goals based on deals you expect to close in the near future.
You can apply the Owner and Team filters to the Forecast report.
If you want to save the customized view of the data you created, click the Save button. A summary view of the data is also shown on the widget.