As described in About the use of tags and custom fields in Sell, you can create and apply tags to leads, contacts, and deals so that you can more easily segment, view, and evaluate the data in your Sell account.
A user with admin rights is able to add tags that are available to all Sell users and can edit or delete those tags. Admin users can also allow all users to define and apply their own tags to their own leads, contacts, and deals. See Managing tags for leads, contacts, and deals.
Tags are added separately for leads, contacts, and deals. However, when a lead is converted to a contact, its tags are retained and added to the new contact record (see Converting leads).
This article covers the following topics:
Adding tags to leads, contacts, and deals
The tags that an admin user has created in the tags settings pages are available to be applied and then to be used for filtering and so on. If all users are allowed to add their own tags, they can be added as described here.
To apply tags to leads, contacts, and deals
- Select the element (a lead, for example) to which you want to apply a tag. For example, select the lead from the Leads page.
- Click the Edit button that appears next to the name of (in this case) a lead.
- Click the Tags field and you’ll see the list of tags that are available.
- Select a tag (or enter a new tag, if all users are allowed to add tags) and then click Save.
You can also tag multiple leads, contacts, and deals at one time using your working list and smart lists.
To tag multiple leads, contacts, and deals
- Select the Leads, Contacts, or Deals page.
- In either the Index or Table views on the Leads and Contacts page, or the Stage or Table views on the Deals page, select the all the list items to which you want to add tags.
- Click the Tag button.
- Select one or more tags to apply to the items you selected.
- Click Save.
Tags that are applied by Sell users to their leads, contacts, prospects and customers, and deals can also be removed from them by simply editing the element (a lead’s profile, for example) and removing the applied tag from the record.
Tags that were created by an admin user and are available to all Sell users can only be removed by an admin user (see Managing tags for leads, contacts, and deals). Removing these admin-defined tags means they are no longer available as predefined tags.
Filtering by tags
After tags have been applied, you can use them as filter options and display only those elements (leads, contacts, and deals) that contain those tags.
To filter by tags
- Select either the Leads, Contacts, or Deals page.
- In the Filters panel, click + Field.
- Tags are filterable using the Tags field. This is available in the Properties category of tags.
- Select the Tags field and it will be added to the Filters panel.
- The tags that have been added are available to add as a filter. Select the tag (or tags) you want to filter on and the list will be automatically filtered based on the tag selected.
Tags can also be used as filters in your reports.
To filter reports by tags
- Click the Reports page.
- Select the report to want to view and apply the filter to.
- Click open the Filters panel. You’ll see the Tags field.
- Select the tags you want to use as the filter.