With Sell Voice, you can call leads and contacts directly from Sell. The cost for the dedicated Sell number is part of your Sell subscription. Usage costs vary depending on the country you are calling to and calling from and are based on the rates provided by Twilio. For more information, see Credit and pricing in your Sell Voice account.
This article covers the following topics:
Selecting a Sell phone number
If you need to add a number for agents in a country other than the United States or Canada, you'll need to contact Zendesk Customer Support. Note that numbers aren't always available in all locations.
To select a Sell phone number
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Communication Channels > Voice and Text.
- Enter your own phone number, including the country code, to activate your account. This must be a mobile phone that you have immediate access to. A text message with a verification code is sent to your phone.
- Enter the code that is displayed on your mobile phone into the verification code field, and click Verify.
- Click Choose your own Sell Phone Number.
- Select your country code from the drop-down list.
- Start typing to search for available phone numbers based on part of a phone number, zip code, or area code.
For example, if you want your Sell phone number to begin with "2345", type these characters and a number is proposed, if there is one that matches.Note: Toll-free numbers are not available in Zendesk Sell. However, if you own a toll-free number, then you can import it into Sell.
- Click Claim this Number.
This is your new Sell phone number and you are ready to call your leads and contacts.
If you are recording calls, you must adhere to applicable laws and regulations. See Best practices when recording calls for more information.
Your Sell Voice number shows on the call recipient's Caller ID.
Setting up a transfer number
If you don't want to make a call through your computer, you can set up numbers for inbound and outbound calls.
(123) 456789. Select a country code from Default country code. This code is used as a prefix when you make an outbound call, unless you specify a different country code when dialing.
When you click a lead or contact's phone number, you'll see on option to call them using this bridge phone number. If you choose this option, your transfer number will ring.
After you pick up your transfer line, Sell Voice calls the contact for you. The call is still recorded and logged in Sell.
For inbound calls, you can choose to transfer to a mobile number when you're not available (for example, if you are on another call). Enter a transfer number, for example,
(123) 456789. When a lead or contact rings you and you are busy, the call is transferred to this number.