When you have activated Sell Voice you can make and receive calls and text messages.
This article contains the following topics:
- Making calls with Sell Voice
- Answering inbound calls
- Setting up an auto dialer (call list) with Voice (Enterprise and Elite)
- Using text messaging (SMS)
- Sending a text message from a lead or contact page
- Responding to a text message from a lead or contact page
Making calls with Sell Voice
Sell Voice is available on all plans and every account comes with complimentary call credit.
To make an outgoing call
- Click the Voice phone icon () in the top right corner of
any page, and start typing the name of a user or company.
You'll see matches for the text anywhere that it appears in a lead or contact record. For example, if you type "Mar", you might see the users "Margaret", "Mark", and "Simon Martin", or the company "Marcom", or the address "Martin Road". A user might have more than one entry, for example, if they have a mobile number and a home number.
- Click the number you want to add to the call.
- Alternatively, you can open the Leads, Contacts, or Deals
page for the person you want to contact, and click the phone number to call via
browser or mobile transfer number (if the transfer number is configured).
- Sell Voice dials the contact’s phone number and call controls are visible at the
bottom of your screen.
Your Sell Voice number shows on the call recipient's Caller ID.
- If this is the first time that you are making a Sell Voice call, give Sell
access to your microphone in your web browser.
You can use the following controls during the call:
Call Feature Description Contact or lead information The person you are talking to, company, and phone number. If the contact is associated with a deal, this is also visible. Call length A record of the time on the call. For example, 1:41 (1 minute and 41 seconds). Dial pad. Use the dial pad to enter numbers when navigating a menu or leaving a voicemail. Delete the recording. Mute or unmute your microphone. Call scripts and notes.
You can make notes during the call and these are logged against the lead or contact as a call log.
Call scripts are available on Enterprise and Elite plans and can be defined by an admin user in Settings > Voice and Text > Scripts
Call list (if available). You can set up a call list so that you can call contacts or leads in succession. End Call button End the call for all parties.
- When the call is complete, a call summary screen is displayed. You can select a
call outcome and add notes about the call. If the contact you're calling is
associated with a deal, you can also choose a call topic. When you’ve logged the
outcome and added notes, click Save to attach the call to the lead,
contact, or deal.
The details of the call are logged for the lead or contact, along with a recording (if you have call recording enabled), and the specified call outcome.
Note: If you are recording calls, you must adhere to applicable laws and regulations (see Best practices when recording Sell Voice calls for more information).
Answering inbound calls
When someone calls your Voice phone number while you're using Sell, you are notified in your Sell window.
If you are on your Voice line when someone tries to call you, or you click to ignore, they caller receives a message that you are not available.
Setting up an auto dialer (call list) with Voice (Enterprise and Elite)
On Enterprise and Elite plans, you can create an automatically dialed call list (see Creating a call list for automatic dialing).
Using text messaging (SMS)
Text messaging (SMS) is a quick and effective way to communicate with prospects and customers. You can select your own Voice phone number to text on the web or mobile app.
Text messaging through Voice doesn’t require any additional setup because it uses your existing Voice number. If you haven't selected your Sell Voice number yet, see set up your Voice number.
When you select your Voice number remember that some phone numbers support call capabilities only, while other phone numbers support both call and text message capabilities. Next to each available phone number to choose from you'll see icons to indicate whether the number supports call, text messaging, or both.
If you want to send and receive text messages (SMS) using international numbers, see the Twilio guidance.
Sending a text message from a lead or contact page
Send texts directly from the contact or lead page.
To send a text message
- Open the lead or contact page for the person you want to contact.
- Click the Send a text message tab. Note: The Send a text message tab only displays for Leads, Contacts, or Deals if you have already claimed a number in Settings > Voice and Text. It will not display if the number you have claimed does not support texting.
- Type the message and click Send message.
The message is logged and sent to the lead or contact.
To send and delete a text from the Communication Center, see Managing your Sell email, phone calls, and text messages .
Responding to a text message from a lead or contact page
You can reply to a text message if it has been sent directly to your number.
To respond to a text message
- In the Activity Feed for a lead or contact, click the text message you want
to respond to.Note: You can only respond to text messages that have been sent directly to your number.
- Type your message in the Add a message to this conversation field.
- Click Send Message.
The message is logged and sent to the lead or contact.
To respond to a text from the Communication Center, see Managing your Sell email, phone calls, and text messages.