With social messaging, you can add your company’s social messaging channels to Zendesk. When customers send messages to these channels, the messages become tickets. When your agents reply to the tickets from Support, your customers receive the reply from the social messaging account.
You must be an administrator to install social messaging.
This article includes these sections:
- Available social messaging channels
- Installing the Social Messaging add-on
- Adding your social messaging accounts to Support
Available social messaging channels
With social messaging, you can add your company’s social messaging channels to Zendesk. The following channels are supported:
- Facebook up to 15 accounts, public and private messaging
- Twitter up to 5 accounts, public and private messaging
- WhatsApp limited to the number of phone numbers purchased
- Line unlimited number of accounts
- WeChat unlimited number of accounts)
Note: Due to changes in WeChat's security and development policies, Zendesk is updating the way we authorize WeChat integrations. While Zendesk makes these updates, adding new WeChat integrations has been suspended temporarily. If you want to be notified when adding a WeChat account is available, sign up here.
Installing the Social Messaging add-on
You can download social messaging directly from the Zendesk Marketplace to install it.
To install the Social Messaging add-on
- In Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select App > Marketplace.
- In the Marketplace, search for Social Messaging, then click Install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, then click Install to complete the installation.
- To verify that the integration is installed, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Apps > Manage and confirm the integration is on your list of installed apps.
You are now ready to add your social messaging accounts to Support.
If needed, you can uninstall the integration by right-clicking the icon and choosing Uninstall from the shortcut menu.
Adding your social messaging accounts to Support
After you install the social messaging add-on, you can add your social messaging accounts. You will need to add your social messaging accounts one-by-one. For example, if you have multiple Twitter accounts, you have to add them one at a time.
To add social messaging accounts to Support
- From Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar and then click Channels > Channel Integrations.
- On the Channel integrations page, click Social Messaging.
This only appears if social messaging is installed.
- On the Accounts tab, click the Add account button to add a social messaging account.
The Add account wizard displays. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your account.
- From the Channel drop-down list, select a social messaging channel, and then click Continue.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
The process is different for each channel:
WhatsApp, LINE, and WeChat If you choose WhatApp, LINE, or WeChat, additional channel-specific screens will appear in the wizard. You will finish setup from inside the wizard. See Setting up your WhatsApp channel and Setting up your LINE and WeChat channels.
Facebook Messenger & Twitter If you choose Facebook or Twitter, you will be redirected to a channel-specific settings page in Support. You will finish setup from there. See Setting up your Facebook channel and Setting up your Twitter channel.Note: After you complete the steps in this procedure, you manage Facebook and Twitter accounts from Channels > Facebook and Channels > Twitter (not Channels > Channels Integrations).