You can manage all existing tags in the account, using the Settings page for leads, contacts and deals accordingly. For example, if you are responsible for organizing the whole workflow of your team, you can easily prepare a set of tags to be used by everyone in the account.
You need admin rights to manage tags.
Each list of tags for leads, contacts, and deals must be created separately. You can also create tags for prospects and customers. See prospect and customer settings for more information.
This article contains the following topics:
When you first start using Zendesk Sell, there are no tags defined. You need to create your own tags in the Settings page. We'll set up a lead tag, as an example.
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Customize > Leads and click the Tags tab.
- Click Add Tag and enter a name for the tag and click Add.
You can also create a tag in your account in one of these ways:
- When creating or editing a lead, contact, or deal. Type in a new tag in the Tag field, click enter and save (a new tag won't be saved if you don't specifically save it).
- During the import process, by selecting Add as Tags for the data stored in one of the columns in your file.
- Tags specific to leads are automatically carried over to contacts when converting a lead. When you first convert a lead with the non-empty tag, a new contact tag is automatically created and labeled in the same way as the lead tag.
From your Leads, Contacts, or Deals Settings page, click the Tags tab. Click edit next to the tag you want to edit. If you can't see the edit button next to a tag, it means you don't have permissions to edit it.
Any leads, contacts, or deals that were tagged with the original tag will now display the changed tag label.
Click the trash can icon next to the tag. You'll be prompted to confirm your choice. If you can't see the trash can next to a tag, it means you don't have permissions to delete it.
If a contact tag exists that is allocated to a prospect or customer, you also need to delete it from Settings > Customize > Prospects and Customers > Tags.
Customer and prospect tags
You can create tags that are specific to prospects and customers in Settings > Customize > Prospects and Customers > Tags, to make it easier to keep all the relevant data exactly where it is needed. Every tag that you set up for a contact is automatically copied to the prospects and customers section, when the contact is assigned either prospect or customer status.
Understanding tag permissions
An account admin can specify whether non-admin users can add, edit or remove tags.
From your leads, contacts, or deals Settings page, click the Tags tab. To enable users to add, modify and remove tags, change the flag Tags can be added by from Admins only to All Users.
Tags are applied to the entire account, which means that any tag a user creates is visible to the whole team.
User hierarchy tree-specific settings
There are certain settings that relate to your position in an organization.
- Editing tags - you can edit tags created by you or your subordinates. To edit tags created by other users, you need to have admin privileges.
If you cannot edit or delete tags, this is due to your account permission settings. If you're a User on your account, you won't be able to delete Manager or Admin data from Zendesk Sell, including tags created by those users. A Manager or an Admin will need to delete the tags, or upgrade your permissions.