When you add a deal, you can also create a client space where you can collaborate with the deal’s contacts to share documents and discuss the deal. You first set up your Sell account client space and then invite deal contacts into their own view of it. Your customers only see what you allow them to see; they can’t access information for any other customer.
A client space is a web-hosted portal that your contacts can easily access using a web browser.
A client space can be set up by a user with admin rights.
Setting up your client space
You set up the client space once and then invite deal contacts into their own view of it. You must have admin rights to set up the client space for your Sell account.
To set up your client space
- Click the Settings icon (), then select Tools > Client space.
- Enter the information that will appear on your client space page and be visible to all your customers. You can edit these details at any time.
- If you want to add sales material and other documents to your page, click the Browse button to locate and upload the files.
- When you’re done, click Save changes.
- You’ll be prompted to preview your client space or make edits to it.
Note: You can also begin the process of setting up your client space for the first time from a deal card by clicking the Client Space tab in the activity stream. If you’ve done that, the third prompt on this page is to return to that deal and invite your deal contacts into their view of your new client space.
- Choose one of these three options to complete the setup of your client space. Here’s what the preview looks like:
Inviting deal contacts to your client space
When you create a deal for a customer (a contact) you can then invite them into the client space.
To invite deal contacts to your client space
- In the Deals tab, select a deal for which you want to create a client space.
- Click the Client Space tab.
Note: If you haven’t already set up your client space using the steps described above, you’ll be prompted to set up your client space for the first time. To set it up, click Set up the client space.
- Select the deal contacts that you want to invite to the client space.
- Click Save changes.
The contacts you selected will receive an email invitation to create a password and access the client space. Here’s an example of the email message.
Hello Dorian Folha,
I want to personally invite you to join me at my client space.
The client space is a common area outside of email for us to work together. I think you'll find it useful to streamline our conversations and host important files. You'll never have to sift through emails again with everything in one central location.
To login, follow this link and create a password.
Invitation to client space
I look forward to seeing you there.
As a reminder, the client space address is: https://space.futuresimple.com/gelatosystems
When the deal contact follows the link and creates a password, they will be able to see their view of your client space.
They can then post comments and interact with the deal owner.
The comments that are added to the client space are also shown in the Client Space tab on the deal card.