The new Salesforce integration relies on the Streaming API. If the daily limits of the streaming API are exceeded, Salesforce returns a rate-limit error to our integration. In this case, our integration will deactivate the Data Sync to avoid making this rate-limitation problem worse.
How can I check on API usage and the daily rate limit to help avoid this deactivation?
This information can be obtained from the Salesforce REST API. Here's how to get it:
- Navigate to https://workbench.developerforce.com/
- Sign in by clicking the Login with Salesforce button in the lower right (the API Version will not impact the results of this method):
- Once logged in, select Utilities > Rest Explorer from the menu bar:
- Click Execute to make a GET requests for the services data:
- In the response there is a line for limits:
- Click into limits and select to view the DailyDurableStreamingApiEvents: