If you are new to The Sales Suite, or you have been using Zendesk Sell independently for a while and want to make sure you are getting the most out of Sell by maximizing opportunities to uncover new leads from online chat and enriched prospect lists, this information will get you started.
Part 1: Learn
Part 2: Admin setup activities
You need admin rights in Sell and Chat to perform most of these activities.
- Importing your leads and contacts into Sell - 40 mins
- Configuring Reach to find, enrich and engage leads - 10 mins
- Configuring your deal pipeline stages in Sell - 10 mins
- Adding your team in Sell and Chat - 20 mins
- Creating workflows in Chat - 20 mins
- Adding the Chat widget to your website - 2 mins
- Integrating Sell and Chat - 10 mins
Part 3: Rep setup activities
As a Sell sales rep or a Chat agent, there are a few things you need to set up to get up and running with The Sales Suite.
- Enabling Sell Voice - 2 mins
- Integrating your email with Sell - 2 mins
- Integrating your calendar with Sell - 2 mins
- Downloading the Sell mobile app - 2 mins
- Setting your availability status in Chat - 1 min
Part 4: Get selling
Basics of The Sales Suite - 5 mins
The Sales Suite consists of Zendesk Sell, including Sell Voice and Reach, and Zendesk Chat.
Sell is a Sales CRM that helps to enhance productivity, processes, and pipeline visibility for sales teams. Sell removes the friction from deal updates so your team can always access, analyze, and collaborate on relevant deal data. Voice is a native sales dialer in Sell that allows reps to generate and use auto-dial call lists and provides automatic call logging and recording.
Chat is an integrated live messaging tool that allows you to engage with new and existing prospects and turn chats into leads. Reach is an all-in-one lead generation and engagement tool that allows sales teams to instantly build lead lists and automate prospect outreach so that they can reach more qualified prospects in less time.
It's useful to understand the difference between leads, contacts, and deals in Sell, and their relationships (see Progressing from lead to customer) and also to understand the navigation options you have in Sell (see Navigating Sell).
Part 2: Admin setup activities
Importing your leads and contacts into Sell - 40 mins
Any user can import leads and contacts into Sell, but as an admin you might want to do this initially for your organization to get them started.
There are a number of ways that you can bring leads and contacts into Sell. For example, you can import existing leads and contacts from a spreadsheet, CSV file, or sales software like Salesforce. You can add new leads through the Lead Capture Form or Zendesk Support integration. Whether it’s your data in an Excel file or an export from a previous system, make sure your data is clean and organized for an easy import.
The time to complete this activity can vary depending on how much data you have, and in which formats.
You can also bring custom fields into Sell when you import your records. You can create fields or data points that are important to your organization (and make them mandatory if required).
Configuring Reach to find, enrich and engage leads - 10 mins
With Reach, reps can create targeted lead lists to discover new opportunities, enrich contact information to connect with the right people, and automate customized email sequences to engage prospects more efficiently.With Reach, you can do the following:
- Prospecting - Create targeted lead lists by industry, geography, and more, with instant access to a database of more than 20 million businesses and 395 million prospect records. For more information, see Using Reach for prospecting
- Enrichment - Build fuller profiles of leads or contacts, or replace outdated information with relevant, up-to-date contact information. For more information, see Using Reach for enriching.
- Engagement -Create and automate email sequences to automate personalized outreach. With customized email templates and specific cadences, engage more prospects with less work. For more information, see Setting up email sequences in Sell and Sending an email sequence to leads in Sell.
See Configuring Reach.
Configuring your deal pipeline stages in Sell - 10 mins
There are lots of settings you can configure in Sell, however mapping your sales process to the sales pipeline stages in Sell is one of the most important. These stages help to organize and categorize your opportunities based on the progress you've made with each opportunity, and also have a direct impact on sales forecasting.
The sales pipeline is available from the Deals page, and can be configured in Settings > Customize > Pipelines.
See Configuring your account for other customization options.
Adding your team in Sell and Chat - 20 mins
When you are happy that you have a good sales framework, you can add in your team or your colleagues so you can start collaborating. You can add users in Sell, and agents and departments in Chat. Think about whether you want your team to have a license (seat) in either or both products. If you have a seat in only one product, you'll have view access and limited privileges in the other product.
Creating workflows in Chat - 20 mins
Configure Chat to suit your organization.
You can enable routing to specify how incoming chats requests are sent to agents, manage form settings so that visitors can leave a message when the chat is offline, add triggers that fire when a user visits a certain page, for example, and create shortcuts that an agent can use in place of common greetings, for example.
Adding the Chat widget to your website - 2 mins
Before your visitors can start chatting with you, you’ll need to add the widget to your site by embedding the widget script in the HTML source code of one or more pages.
Integrating Sell and Chat - 10 mins
Configure the Sell-Chat integration to access your Chats in Sell, and to see Sell data from your Chat interface. You'll also be able to see Chat history for your contacts, leads, and deals in the Sell Activity Feed.
Part 3: Rep and agent setup activities
Enabling Sell Voice - 2 mins
Choose a Sell phone number that you'll use to make and receive Sell Voice calls. You'll need to register your own phone number to activate the account.
See Enabling Sell Voice.
Integrating your email with Sell - 2 mins
Sync your email conversations with leads and contacts in your Sell account from Settings > Tools > Email. Synchronizing your email gives you insight into your customer activity, for example, you can:
- Send emails directly in Sell
- View the number of times a lead or prospect has opened your email
- Include a link in your email and see the number of times it's been clicked on
- Get notified with an alert as soon as your email is first viewed
- Use email templates to send out email campaigns, mail merges, or personalized updates to your customers
- Use smart lists to get dynamic email reports, for example, filtering by days since last communication, emails without a lead response, or last outgoing email
- Identify at-risk deals with email sentiment analysis
- Send personalized, targeted bulk emails
Integrating your calendar with Sell - 2 mins
Connect your calendar to see all your appointments in Sell, logged against your prospect or customer records.
Downloading the Sell mobile app - 2 minsUsing the Sell mobile app and Tracking visits in Sell.
Setting your availability status in Chat - 1 min
Chat agents need to set their Chat status so that you can serve chat requests efficiently.
Part 4: Get selling
Checking or updating your leads and contacts - 2 mins
Your admin should already have imported leads and contacts into Sell, and you can check them on the Leads and Contacts pages. You can also add leads and contacts yourself (see Importing leads from different sources).
Building a smart list - 5 mins
Get a personal view of your leads, contacts, and deals by sorting, filtering, and saving your data points, so you can easily access them each time you login. Take actions like bulk emailing or build templates for your team, directly from your smart list.
See Creating smart lists.
Send an email sequence to leads - 2 min
You can engage leads (prospects) by automatically sending them emails at intervals using an email sequence. After your Sell admin has set up an email sequence in Sell, you can start enrolling leads into a sequence.
Calling and texting using Sell Voice - 2 mins
Call or text your leads and contacts directly from Sell and you’ll automatically record your call.
Using Chat to improve your sales pipeline - 5 mins
Use Chat to understand more about customers by matching chats to existing Sell contacts, and view the conversation in the lead or contact activity feed. You'll also be able to capture new leads from Chat conversations.