Explore is the latest Zendesk analytics software. We are in the process of moving customers from Insights to Explore. This FAQ answers common questions you might have when you move to Explore.
If you have a question that's not covered here, please add it to the comments section at the end of this article.
This article contains the following topics:
- When is Insights going away?
There are three plan levels for Explore. Which will I get?
Explore has three plan levels, Lite, Professional, and Enterprise. See Comparing Explore versions to learn about the differences between the plans. If you currently have Insights or have been migrated from Insights, you'll get Explore Professional free of charge.
If you’re moving from Insights to Explore, the free version of Explore you’ll get is known as Explore Professional (Legacy). This currently contains all of the features of Explore Professional.
I already moved to Explore and am ready to deactivate Insights right now. What do I need to do?
Contact customer support and we’ll deactivate Insights for you.
When I try to access Explore, I get a message saying I don’t have permissions and to contact the administrator. I am the administrator.
As an admin, you'll need to configure your user profile in Support Professional or use Support Enterprise custom roles to grant yourself access. Use the process in Activating Explore and configuring your access to do this.
What will change when I move to Explore?
After you move to Explore, the Overview, Leaderboard, and Satisfaction tabs are removed from the built-in reporting page. You can use Explore pre-built dashboards for those reports. The Knowledge Base and Search tabs (for Guide), Community tab (for Gather), and Talk tab (if Talk is enabled) are not powered by Insights and won't be removed. You’ll also no longer see the Insights or Gooddata (which powers Insights) options on the reporting page. The shaded areas on the screenshot below indicate the options that will be removed.
- I've read the Comparing Explore versions article and it looks like there are a few areas where Explore doesn't have feature parity with Insights. Are you planning to address this?
Yes! We are working hard to add new features to Explore all the time to give you the best reporting experience possible. Here are some examples of recent new additions to the product including early access programs (EAPs):
- Explore tag reporting enhancements (EAP): Enhances tag reporting with a new INCLUDES function.
- Custom roles to manage Explore access and light agent access support: Enables customers using Zendesk Support Enterprise to grant access to Explore using custom roles - just like with other Zendesk products. Additionally, customers with the Collaboration add-on will now be able to share view-only dashboards with Light Agents.
- Dashboard sharing outside of Zendesk (EAP): enables your editors to create public or password-protected links to any of your live dashboards and share them with anyone, including people that don’t have access to your Zendesk instance.
Explore real-time dashboard (EAP): Enables customer service leaders and agents to keep a closer eye on support metrics in near real time, across multiple channels, and make operational decisions more efficiently.
Additionally, we have lots of plans to add even more functionality soon. Keep an eye on the announcements section for news.
What are my options for moving my existing Insights reports to Explore?
You have three options:
- Use our self-paced migration resources to help you move your reports
- Have our professional services team migrate you to Explore and manage your migration process from end to end
- If you work with an Implementation Partner, reach out to discuss options and any potential offerings from their services team
I activated Explore and now some tabs are missing from the built-in reporting page. What happened?
After you move to Explore, the Overview, Leaderboard, and Satisfaction tabs are removed from the built-in reporting page. You can use Explore pre-built dashboards for those reports. The Knowledge Base and Search tabs (for Guide), and the Community tab (for Gather) are not powered by Insights and won't be removed.
Deactivation of inactive Insights accounts
Why did my Insights account get deactivated?
Starting June 1, 2020, we will begin deactivating inactive Insights accounts. This will only happen if you have not logged into your Insights accounts for more than 60 days. We'll send you a notice at least 45 days before deactivation.
I received a deactivation notice but want to keep my Insights account. What can I do?
Contact customer support before the specified deactivation date and we’ll ensure that you can retain access to your Insights account until the Insights end of life date.