This article provides a roundup of the new features released in Zendesk over the last few months. It includes the following sections:
- Zendesk Support Suite
- Zendesk Sales Suite
- Zendesk Sunshine
- Zendesk Support
- Zendesk Guide
- Zendesk Chat
- Zendesk Talk
- Zendesk Explore
- Zendesk Sell
Zendesk Support Suite
The redesigned Zendesk Support Suite now includes two new features:
- Agent Workspace collects multiple channels in a single interface. Agents can open Chat, Talk, or messaging apps to support their customers without switching channels.
- Social Messaging lets agents communicate with customers through popular messaging apps, like WhatsApp, WeChat, and Facebook.
Zendesk Sales Suite
The Zendesk Sales Suite bundles Zendesk Sell and Chat with the Voice and Reach products, so your sales reps can create and contact leads efficiently.
- Social Messaging add-on lets Professional and Enterprise customers integrate popular messaging platforms with Support, including WhatsApp, WeChat, Facebook Messenger, and more.
- Side Conversations: Search EAP adds a search tab to the UI, so you can quickly locate earlier conversation content. Part of the Collaboration add-on for Professional and Enterprise accounts.
- Side Conversations: Ticket Channel EAP lets agents create a ticket from a new conversation. Part of the Collaboration add-on for Professional and Enterprise accounts.
- No Email Delimiter EAP removes the delimiter line from email notifications.
- The Advanced Search button in the search field has been deprecated. This button sent you directly to the Search page. You can still perform an advanced search by entering some text in the search field, then clicking the Search icon (). You can also hover your mouse over the +Add button and choose Search from the drop-down menu.
- Guide Templating API v2 includes accessibility updates to the Copenhagen theme, and improved rendering of all themes.
- Scheduled Unpublishing EAP (Enterprise plan only) lets you set a future date to unpublish an article.
- User Segments: Selecting Individual Users EAP updates the user segment feature to allow you to directly add individual users to a segment.
- Optimize Chat and Web Widget performance by adding the connectOnPageLoad setting to the widget code snippet.
- Agents Recording Controls (Talk Professional and Enterprise plans) enable agents to pause and resume recording of an active call.
- Call Recording Permissions (Talk Professional and Enterprise plans) let the coller opt-in or opt-out of a call recording.
- IVR Group Routing (Talk Professional and Enterprise plans) allows you to route incoming calls to multiple groups.
Query management improvements, custom role and light agent updates, dashboard delivery scheduling, and more. See What’s new in Explore: Q1 2020 roundup for details.
- The Note Starring and Tagging EAP makes managing notes easier by letting you star new and existing notes, define and add tags to notes, and use these options to filter activity feeds.