How can I track when an update in Salesforce attempts to sync an Account, Contact, or Lead record to Zendesk?
Zendesk's sync process relies on the Salesforce Streaming API, specifically a subscription to a Push Topic. Find the steps below to see the synch process in action using a tool called Workbench and to make the necessary API requests:
- Make sure the sync is enabled within Admin Center and that the record(s) being updated meet the sync filtering criteria (if present):
- Open up Workbench and log into the appropriate environment (prod/sandbox) using V 45.0 of the Salesforce API:
- Select Queries > Streaming Push Topics:
- Select the appropriate Push Topic for the type of sync you'd like to test:
- Click on the Subscribe button to start listening for events related to that object:
- Changing one of the fields mapped in Admin Center will create a new message event within the Push Topic stream:
If the change made to the SFDC record does not create an event within the Push Topic stream, then no Zendesk sync can take place.
One example of a field which does not create an event is the Formula field-type. To trigger a sync when a Formula field is changed, consider a workflow process as described in our article on initiating a sync based on a formula field update.
If you see an event appear in that stream but the record remains unchanged in Zendesk, contact the Zendesk support team for help identifying what went wrong.