As previously informed, we’re very excited to announce the first part of the functionality, that is Call Quality notifications is now generally available for all of our Zendesk Talk Professional and Enterprise customers.
With more businesses shifting to remote working, agents may be experiencing slow internet connection, have improper network settings or incompatible hardware. Because of this, the quality of a customer call might be affected.
With Call quality notifications, Agents will receive real-time notifications during a call whenever they are facing any network or audio issues.
What is the new experience with Call Quality Notifications?
Here are the details of the improvement:
- A new network status icon in the call console during a live call.
- Whenever there is a call quality issue, warning icons appear in the call console and in the call ticket bar:
- A red network warning icon to show problems with the network.
- A red audio warning icon to show problems with the audio level.
- The warning icon disappears when the call quality returns to normal.
Here are some resources to troubleshoot call quality Issues:
Below is a preview of the new experience when a call is facing both network and audio issues:
Note: The following agent interface changes are not configurable and will apply to all calls.
For more information about call quality notifications, see Reporting on Talk network and audio quality.