The Private Comments app allows an agent to easily add a private comment to a ticket while also typing a public response or comment. The app is installed as a sidebar app in the Zendesk Support ticket interface.
This article includes the following topics:
Installing the app
- In Zendesk Support, click Admin (), then select Apps > Marketplace. Enter "Private Comments" in the search bar at the upper right of the page.
- Double-click on the Private Comments app icon, and click Install.
- On the Installation page, under Title enter a name for the app, enable group and role restrictions if required. These configuration options are also available after installation by navigating to Admin > Apps > Manage.
Using the app
While working on a ticket, an agent or administrator can add a private comment to the ticket while also providing a public response to the requester.
1. Display the Private Comments app on the ticket page by clicking the Apps button on the upper-right side of the page.
2. In the Private Comments app, enter a private comment and click Comment!
Version 2.0.1 - 2019-03-06
- Initial version of Private Comments on ZAF v2