In the current situation, more and more agents are working remotely. It’s possible that some of these agents have a slow internet connection, improper network settings or incompatible hardware. Because of this, the quality of a customer call might be affected.
In the next few weeks, new Call Quality features will be generally available to Zendesk Talk customers on Professional and Enterprise plans. This announcement will prepare you for these new features.
Call Quality features will help you become more active as to when and where to react to call quality issues faced by the call center.
- Call quality notifications: Agents will receive real-time notifications during a call whenever they are facing any network or audio issues.
- Call quality reporting: This update will enable Talk admins to report on the performance of their call center with regard to call quality.
Call quality notifications:
- A new network status icon in the call console during a live call.
- Whenever there is a call quality issue, a warning icon appears in the call console and in the call ticket bar.
- A red network warning icon to show problems with the network.
- A red audio warning icon to show problems with the audio level.
- The warning icon disappears when the call quality is back to normal.
Below is a preview of the new experience.
1) Below is a call having both network and audio issues.
2) When no issues during the live call.
Note: The following agent interface changes will not be configurable and will be applied to all calls.
Call quality reporting:
With the release of call quality reporting, admins will be able to report on how the call center is faring with respect to call quality.
- Call quality data will be available via incremental APIs for every call on a per leg basis.
- Admins will be able to report if the quality issue was on the side of the agent or on the side of the caller using the Call legs API.
- Admins will be able to see which agents are facing call quality issues using the Call legs API.