Zendesk will be performing a required Chat server maintenance during the scheduled window listed below during off-peak chat hours. We are expecting 45 minutes of downtime for all chat customers during this maintenance.
START: Sunday, 14th of June, 2:00 AM UTC / Saturday, 13th of June 7 PM PT
END: Sunday, 14th of June, 2:45 AM UTC / Saturday, 13th of June 7:45 PM PT
Customers Affected: All Zendesk customers subscribed to our Chat service
Affected Products: Chat
During the maintenance window
- No new chat sessions can be created. Ongoing chats will be disconnected for both agents and visitors
- Chat dashboard will be accessible but most of the functionality will be unavailable
After the maintenance window
- All Chat functionality will be restored to normal.
What will happen to our Chat Widget during this maintenance?
- If you are currently using the Web Widget and other channels outside of Chat are enabled for use (contact form, help center, Answer Bot, etc.), the widget will remain visible on your site through the maintenance window serving those functions besides Chat. Once the maintenance window is over and agents are logged into Zendesk Chat, the Web Widget will show the chat function as available again on the Web Widget.
- If you are using an older version of the legacy Chat Standalone Widget - the widget will not load and be considered offline.
Why we're doing this:
- The core Chat and database servers will be restarted after several updates to improve security and reliability of the Chat service.
- If any issues are identified while patching the servers, the process will halt and Chat services will be brought back online. We will then work to schedule a new maintenance window to continue as needed.