If you have Facebook pages that are connected to your Support account, you need to reauthorize the connection between Zendesk Support and your Facebook pages. This is due to changes that Facebook rolled out to Facebook APIs.
How do I know if my account is affected?
All Support accounts that were connected to one or more Facebook pages prior to the API changes are affected.
To see a list of the Facebook pages that are connected to your Support account:
- Click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, then select Channels > Facebook.
What do I need to do?
You need to reauthorize the connection between your Support and Facebook accounts.
If you don’t do this, Facebook will disconnect Support from your Facebook account. You will not be able to send or receive any public messages or private messages from your Support account (for example, from Facebook pages or via Facebook Messenger). Requests sent to those accounts will not be routed to Support as tickets. Service will not resume until you reauthorize the connection.
Once you reauthorize, you will continue to receive requests sent to your Facebook accounts, and no further action is required.
- From Support, click the Admin icon () in the sidebar, and then select Channels > Facebook.
- Move the cursor over the name of the Facebook page and then click unlink to completely remove the page.
- Click Add new page to re-add the Facebook page you removed in the previous step.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- Click Edit settings.
- Select the pages that you want to link to Support, and then click Next.
- Adjust your permissions, if needed, and then click Done.
Note: If you want to use Facebook Messenger with Support, Manage and access Page conversations on Messenger must be enabled.
For additional information, contact Zendesk customer support or add your questions in the comments below.